With a new season comes new treats and even more importantly…new cocktails! We love celebrating the fall/winter season with some old boozy favorites, but we’re always looking for new recipes to add to our collection. Here’s a few of our classic favorites, some new recipes we’ve introduced to our faves, and a couple we are so excited to try! Stay warm these holidays with some of our favorite boozy drinks.
If you’re not careful, this cocktail could become your mimosa replacement. The sweet and juicy plums mixed with sprigs of thyme and hint of lemon give this sparkling cocktail is so much more interesting than your typical mimosa. And the flavor profile is perfect for those fall and winter days where you just need a little boost.
- 2 Plums
- 6 Thyme Sprigs
- Juice from one Lemon
- 4 Tbsp. Thyme Simple Syrup (1/2 Cup of Sugar, 1/2 Cup of Water, bring to a boil, remove from heat, add thyme sprigs, stir, and let cool. Chill until ready to use.)
- 1 Bottle of Prosecco or your favorite bubbly
For those of you who like to drink your dessert—this bourbon pecan pie cocktail will be sure to satisfy. The sweetness from the pecan praline liquor make this extra strong cocktail a definite contender for the actual pecan pie cooling on the windowsill.
- 1 ounce Maker’s Mark Bourbon
- 1½ Evangeline Pecan Praline liqueur
- ½ ounce vodka of your choice
We already found a replacement for your morning mimosa, but what about your mojito? Let’s jazz up your mint mojito for the holidays and add in some white/cocunut rum! Throw in a dash of coconut mint and some sugar to really blow this one out of the park. We guarantee you’ll never reach for a classic mojito at Christmastime again.
- juice of 1 lime
- 8 leaves mint
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons white rum
- 1 tablespoon coconut rum
- 1/4 cup canned coconut milk
- sparkling water for topping
- pomegranate arils for serving
If this cocktail doesn’t get you in the holiday spirit, we don’t know what will! This is basically the perfect version of alcoholic hot chocolate. Complete with molasses, kahlua, and gingerbread cookie crumbs, this will be on our list for years to come.
- 4 ounces vodka
- 2 ounces Kahlúa or more to taste
- 4 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 teaspoons molasses
- 1/8 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or whole milk
- whipped cream candy canes and gingerbread cookies, for serving (optional)
Now this cocktail is definitely up our alley. We love our chai tea and are so excited about making our teas this winter alcoholic. With the addition of maple whiskey, this chai tea will keep us warm and our taste buds satisfied.
- 2/3 cup vanilla almond milk
- 1/3 cup sweetened liquid chai tea concentrate
- 1.5 ounces maple whiskey
Looking for a warm drink to help you cozy up by the fire? This apple hot toddy is perfect for those chilly afternoons under the blanket with a good book by the fireplace. Add in whatever type of whiskey you have handy, but you’ll never go wrong with honey whiskey to give it an added sweetness.
- 10 oz apple cider
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 star anise
- 8 whole cloves
- 1 1/2 Tbsp honey
- 4 oz whiskey (I used honey whiskey) or bourbon
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 3 slices of apples (for garnish)
- 3 pieces of lemon peels (for garnish)
Now this is a cocktail presentation we are very eager to try out. The clear ornament looks beautiful sitting in your martini glass and we think it would be perfect for that holiday party you’ve been meaning to throw for all of your close friends…
- 1 cup vodka (I prefer Tito’s.)
- 1/2 cup orange liqueur (I prefer Cointreau.)
- 1/2 cup cherry juice*
- 1/4 cup cranberry juice*
- 1/4 cup orange juice, freshly squeezed with pulp removed
- Sugared cranberries and fresh rosemary sprigs to garnish
Keeping it simple this season with your classic old fashioned? Try this variation instead to get into the holiday spirit! Just add some cranberry simple syrup and add in some fresh rosemary, cranberries, and (of course) orange peel.
- 3 ounces quality bourbon whiskey
- 1 ounce cranberry simple syrup
- 3 shakes Angostura bitters
- Garnish with orange peel, Fresh Cranberries, and rosemary
For those nights out my the campfire (or those evenings posted up by the fire with a good book or great company), this campfire cocktail is a crowdpleaser. With vodka, baileys, milk, chocolate syrup, and topped with a toasted marshmallow—this cocktail checks all the boxes. Though we may have to add a few extra marshmallows to ours…
- 1 marshmallow
- 1 tbsp. graham cracker crumbs
- 1 oz vodka
- 2 oz baileys
- 2 oz milk
- 1tbsp. chocolate syrup