As I’m sure you’ve noticed by now, Team Jayne loves their boozy cocktails, but this time of year, we like to warm up our palettes with some delicious fall-inspired cocktails. Get ready for some of our very favorite recipes featuring dark liquors, fresh fruits, and only the best fall spices. Do you have a favorite fall cocktail? Share it with us!
Cranberry Cinnamon Whiskey Sour
Ingredients (makes 4):
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 3/4 cup bourbon or whiskey
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- Ice cubes & cocktail shaker for mixing
- In a medium-sized saucepan add cranberries, water, sugar, and cinnamon sticks. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce to a simmer and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until the cranberries have burst open and can easily be stirred into the syrup, resulting in a smooth consistency. This will take about 10 minutes. Once done, remove syrup from heat. Fit a large bowl with a fine mesh strainer and strain the simple syrup, leaving all of the large chunks and skin behind. Let cool for at least 10 minutes before using.
- When ready to make your cocktails, add 3/4 cup simple syrup, whiskey, lemon juice, orange juice, lime juice, and a large handful of ice to a cocktail shaker and shake vigorously for 30 seconds. Divide into 4 glasses and serve at once
Pumpkin Spice & Everything Nice
- 1 oz Bailey’s Pumpkin Spice
- 1 oz Captain Morgan Spiced Rum
- 1.5 scoops Vanilla ice cream
Combine Baileys Pumpkin Spice, Captain Morgan, and vanilla ice cream in a highball glass. Top with cola and stir. Garnish with mint.
- 1.5 oz cognac
- .5 oz cinnamon syrup
- 1 large spoonful of apple butter or apple syrup
Shake ingredients before pouring into a sophisticated coupe glass. Garnish with a cinnamon stick.
Fresh Pear Cocktail
- 1 medium Bosc pear
- 2 tablespoons citrus-infused vodka
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup (or sugar syrup)
- 3 tablespoons hard apple cider
- Pear slices, shredded pear (optional)
- sparkling water (optional)
Shred pear; place shredded pear pulp on several layers of cheesecloth. Gather edges of cheesecloth together, and squeeze over a glass measuring cup to yield 1/3 cup fresh pear juice. Discard solids. Combine pear juice, vodka, pomegranate juice, lime juice, and agave syrup in a cocktail shaker with ice; shake. Strain about 3 tablespoons of the vodka mixture into each of glass. Add cider and top with sparkling water. Garnish with pear slices, if desired.
Apple Pumpkin Beer Cocktail
- 8 ounces good-quality bourbon
- 9 ounces apple cider
- 2 1/2 ounces lemon juice
- 12 ounces pumpkin ale
- cinnamon sticks and cranberries for garnish
- In a cocktail shaker, shake together the bourbon, apple cider and lemon juice. Pour into 4 glasses filled with ice.
- Pour the beer evenly into each glass.
- Garnish with cinnamon sticks and cranberries. Serve immediately and enjoy!
The Maple Leaf
- 1.5 oz Hennessy V.S
- 3.5 oz Maple water
- Garnish: Orange twist (discard). Top with a maple leaf or punched out orange twist in the shape of a maple leaf
- Glass: Rocks
Pour all ingredients into a rocks glass, stir to combine. Express orange twist over the glass, discard twist, and garnish with a maple leaf.